A negroni is a classic cocktail recipe made with gin, sweet red vermouth, and Campari that has a vibrant red hue that’s welcome at parties throughout the year.
This neo-negroni plays with the proportions of the classic negroni to create a slightly stiffer concoction. Whereas tradition dictates equal parts gin, sweet red vermouth, and Campari, this rendition increases the gin and decreases the sweet stuff. Originally published December 31, 2015.–Renee Schettler Rossi
- Quick Glance
- 5 M
- 5 M
- Serves 1
- 2 ounces London dry gin (such as Plymouth, Beefeater, or Tanqueray)
- 3/4 ounce Campari
- 3/4 ounce sweet (red) vermouth (such as Dolin Rouge or Carpano Antica)
- 6 dashes grapefruit bitters
- 1 orange twist, for garnish
- 1. Pour the gin, Campari, sweet (red) vermouth, and grapefruit bitters over ice into a chilled mixing glass.
- 2. Stir and strain into a martini glass.
- 3. Garnish with the orange twist.