Ina Garten’s rosemary cashews are sweet and spicy, oven roasted, and certain to start conversations. The inspired blend of cayenne, brown sugar, rosemary, and salt is spicy, sweet, and salty and perfect with cocktails.
This recipe for Ina Garten’s rosemary cashews deftly solves the issue of what to make as the requisite pre-dinner nosh. You know, something that’s enticing enough to nibble yet not so compelling as to satiate. If you’re accustomed to plunking down a bowl of salted nuts, maybe some olives, then maybe you take things to the next level while still being an easy, elegant, impressive answer to a once-vexing question. Inspired by the bar nuts found at New York City’s Union Square Cafe.–Renee Schettler Rossi
Barefoot Contessa Rosemary Cashews
- Quick Glance
- 5 M
- 20 M
- Serves 8
IngredientsEmail Grocery List
- 1 pound roasted unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons minced rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (1/2 oz), melted
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175°C).
- 2. Spread the cashews out on a rimmed sheet pan and place in the oven until warm, about 5 minutes.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the rosemary, cayenne, sugar, salt, and butter.
- 4. Thoroughly toss the warm cashews with the butter mixture and serve while still warm. Originally published November 24, 2009.
Recipe Testers Reviews
So easy and so delicious. This seems to be the theme for Barefoot Contessa. These rosemary cashews were so simple to make yet so satisfying and pleasurable. The smell of the roasted cashews when they hit the rosemary and butter mixture was intoxicating. This appetizer will definitely be added to my arsenal of recipes.
I accidentally bought raw cashews at the store and was looking for a tasty way to remedy my error. This fit the bill perfectly. I had all the ingredients at home. I simply toasted the cashews for about 7 to 8 extra minutes before adding them to the herb and spice mixture. These are the perfect combination of spicy, sweet, salty, and savory, and the perfect cocktail party nosh!