Yes, pink beer. It’s a sweet party punch that’s shamelessly simple to stir together. It may draw a few giggles from partygoers but that’s okay. Pink beer drinkers have more fun. Here’s how to make it.
Yes, pink beer. It’s a shamelessly sweet party punch that’s incredulously simple to stir together. If you’re familiar with the shandy—the British cocktail made with half beer, half lemonade—then you already have a sense of what this is like. “Pink beer is like the shandy’s fizzier and funnier little sister,” explains Peggy Wang, who concocted this little number. We don’t disagree.–Renee Schettler Rossi
Pink Beer Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 5 M
- 5 M
- Serves 6 to 8
- 2 bottles Bud Light or Bud Light Lime, chilled
- One 12-ounce can Sprite or Sprite Zero, chilled
- One 12-ounce container frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) vodka, chilled
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries, sliced (optional)
- 1. In a punch bowl or pitcher filled halfway with ice, combine the beer, Sprite, lemonade concentrate, vodka, and strawberries, if using.
- 2. Serve immediately, preferably in glasses filled halfway with ice. [Editor’s Note: The ice not only keeps your bevvie cold, it helps cut the sweetness of what could, arguably, be a cloying cocktail.]