Yes, pink beer. It’s a sweet party punch that’s shamelessly simple to stir together. It may draw a few giggles from partygoers but that’s okay. Pink beer drinkers have more fun. Here’s how to make it.
Yes, pink beer. It’s a shamelessly sweet party punch that’s incredulously simple to stir together. If you’re familiar with the shandy—the British cocktail made with half beer, half lemonade—then you already have a sense of what this is like. “Pink beer is like the shandy’s fizzier and funnier little sister,” explains Peggy Wang, who concocted this little number. We don’t disagree.–Renee Schettler Rossi
- Quick Glance
- 5 M
- 5 M
- Serves 6 to 8
- 2 bottles Bud Light or Bud Light Lime, chilled
- One 12-ounce can Sprite or Sprite Zero, chilled
- One 12-ounce container frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) vodka, chilled
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries, sliced (optional)
- 1. In a punch bowl or pitcher filled halfway with ice, combine the beer, Sprite, lemonade concentrate, vodka, and strawberries, if using.
- 2. Serve immediately, preferably in glasses filled halfway with ice. [Editor’s Note: The ice not only keeps your bevvie cold, it helps cut the sweetness of what could, arguably, be a cloying cocktail.]