Strawberry punch is a summer party essential. You just may not have realized this yet. One sip and you’ll understand. (It’s nonalcoholic but that doesn’t mean you can’t do something to fix that.)
This strawberry punch recipe boasts a fetching shade of red color, an ever so slightly sweet taste, and the haunting fruitiness of hibiscus. Guaranteed to be your newest summer party essential.–Renee Schettler Rossi
Strawberry Punch Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 5 M
- 7 M
- Makes 6 to 8 cups
- 6 to 8 cups filtered water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dried hibiscus flowers (you can find these online or at Latin markets)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries (8 ounces), hulled and sliced, plus more for garnish
- One 2-inch piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- Ice cubes
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, combine 4 cups water with the sugar and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- 2. Remove the pan from the heat and add the hibiscus flowers, strawberries, and ginger. Cover and steep for about 2 hours.
- 3. Strain the liquid into a bowl, discarding the solids. Stir in 2 to 4 cups filtered water, depending on your taste. Transfer the punch to a pitcher. (You can cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.)
- 4. Serve the strawberry over ice and garnish with more strawberries.
Thirsty for more? Sip on these:
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!