This strawberry punch recipe, made with fresh strawberries, ginger, and sugar, is nonalcoholic and perfect for a party. It’s cool and refreshing and nonalcoholic and intoxicating shade of rouge. One sip and you’ll understand why folks always ask for more.
This strawberry punch recipe boasts a fetching shade of red color, an ever so slightly sweet taste, and the haunting fruitiness of hibiscus. Guaranteed to be your newest summer party essential. Originally published July 15, 2017.–Renee Schettler Rossi
- Quick Glance
- 5 M
- 7 M
- Makes 6 to 8 cups
- 6 to 8 cups filtered water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dried hibiscus flowers (you can find these online or at Latin markets)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries (8 oz), hulled and sliced, plus more for garnish
- One (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- Ice cubes
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, combine 4 cups water with the sugar and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- 2. Remove the pan from the heat and add the hibiscus flowers, strawberries, and ginger. Cover and steep for about 2 hours.
- 3. Strain the liquid into a bowl, discarding the solids. Stir in 2 to 4 cups filtered water, depending on your taste. Transfer the punch to a pitcher. (You can cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.)
- 4. Serve the strawberry over ice and garnish with more strawberries.