This is my favorite aperitif cocktail. The aromatic and honey essence of Lillet plays well off the salty olive garnish. Accompany with Prosciutto Scallop Pops with Lemon Artichoke Pesto.–Kathy Casey
Lillet Aperitif Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 5 M
- 5 M
- Makes 1 drink
- 1 1/2 ounces white Lillet
- 3/4 ounce sweet red vermouth
- 3/4 ounce vodka
- Long lemon-zest twist (see Note)
- Green olive
- 1. Fill a rocks glass or large wine glass half full with ice. Add the Lillet, vermouth and vodka. Stir.
- 2. Twist the lemon zest directly over the glass, then drop in. Spear the olive on a pick and drop in.
- To make a citrus-zest twist, use a channel knife (or citrus zester), cut into the citrus peel, removing a strip around the fruit at least 3 to 4 inches long, then twist the strip and artfully hang it into or across the drink.