This is my favorite aperitif cocktail. The aromatic and honey essence of Lillet plays well off the salty olive garnish. Accompany with Prosciutto Scallop Pops with Lemon Artichoke Pesto.–Kathy Casey
- Quick Glance
- 5 M
- 5 M
- Makes 1 drink
- 1 1/2 ounces white Lillet
- 3/4 ounce sweet red vermouth
- 3/4 ounce vodka
- Long lemon-zest twist (see Note)
- Green olive
- 1. Fill a rocks glass or large wine glass half full with ice. Add the Lillet, vermouth and vodka. Stir.
- 2. Twist the lemon zest directly over the glass, then drop in. Spear the olive on a pick and drop in.
- To make a citrus-zest twist, use a channel knife (or citrus zester), cut into the citrus peel, removing a strip around the fruit at least 3 to 4 inches long, then twist the strip and artfully hang it into or across the drink.