One of the all-time classic punches, created at the Raffles Hotel in the early 1900s.–Kim Haasarud
- Quick Glance
- 5 M
- 5 M
- 1 Serving
- 1 1/2 ounces gin (a higher proof gin like Tanqueray is a great choice)
- 1/2 ounce Cherry Heering brandy
- 1/4 ounce Benedictine (or B&B)
- 1/4 ounce triple sec
- 1/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3 ounces pineapple juice (name-brand or freshly juiced)
- Soda water, as needed
- Angostura bitters
- Skewered orange wedge and maraschino cherry, for garnish
- 1. Combine the gin, brandy, Benedictine, triple sec, lime juice, and pineapple juice in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into a highball glass filled with ice.
- 2. Top with splash of soda, add a dash of bitters, and garnish with a skewered orange chunk and cherry (also called a flag).
Singapore Sling Recipe © 2008 Kim Haasarud. Photo © 2008 Alexandra Grablewski. All rights reserved. All recipes and photos used with permission of the publisher.