A summer potato salad couldn’t be easier. Warm baby red potatoes are drizzled with a basil-packed dressing made with garlic, vinegar, and mustard.
Though this dressing can be whisked by hand, a food processor renders it a wonderful shade of green.–Fine Cooking
Warm Potato Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
- Quick Glance
- 15 M
- 30 M
- Serves 4
IngredientsEmail Grocery List
- 1 3/4 pounds small red potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves
- 1 small clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1. Steam the potatoes over boiling water until tender when pierced with a paring knife, about 15 minutes. (Alternatively, boil them in well-salted water until tender. Drain them and return them to the pot in which they were cooked and set over low heat for a few seconds to dry them.)
- 2. In a food processor, combine the basil, garlic, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. With the motor running, gradually add the oil until completely incorporated.
- 3. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, halve or quarter them, depending on their size. Put them in a serving bowl and drizzle with about 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette. Serve warm with extra vinaigrette on the side, if you like.
Recipe Testers Reviews
This was a really simple recipe to make, but oh-so delicious. Steam the potatoes and process the basil vinaigrette. The vinaigrette adds so much flavor, and is delicious on the still-warm potatoes. I’ll make this again exactly as written. It’s a wonderful side dish for almost any meal.