I never get tired of having salmon for dinner. Sometimes we serve these soft salmon tacos when we want a really informal company meal. Roast the corn kernels alone or with red bell pepper and onions, and add cooked baby green limas for a quick succotash-style corn. The chile adobe cream adds some heat to these simple-to-make salmon tacos.–Maggie Foard
LC Children of the Corn Note
Looking for new ways to play with corn? Check out Renee’s post on cooking late-season corn.
Wild Salmon Tacos Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 20 M
- 35 M
- Serves 4
- For the chile adobo cream
- 4 ounces chèvre or fromage blanc
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (either low-fat or full-fat)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- For the salmon tacos
- 3 cups corn kernels, cut fresh from the cob or frozen
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds wild salmon fillet
- 8 small flour tortillas
- Sliced avocado, cucumber, and cherry tomatoes
- Make the chile adobo cream
- 1. You can adjust the heat on this sauce by adding a little more or a little less of the chiles and adobe.
- 2. Whisk together the chèvre or fromage, buttermilk, and chipotles in a bowl or in the blender. Pour into a small serving dish.
- Make the salmon tacos
- 3. Heat a charcoal, gas, or stove top grill for the salmon.
- 4. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) for the corn. Toss the corn, onion, and bell pepper in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast the corn in an ovenproof dish for 20 to 25 minutes until the corn is lightly brown and fragrant.
- 5. While the corn is roasting, brush the salmon with the remaining olive oil and place it on the hot grill, about 5 minutes per side. Once the fish is off the grill, let it rest a few minutes, keeping it warm, wrapped in foil, until you’re ready to assemble the salmon tacos.
- 6. Warm the tortillas briefly on the grill. Wrap in a kitchen towel to keep warm.
- 7. Place the fish, tacos, roasted corn on the table and let everyone assemble their own salmon tacos. Pass the chile adobo cream.