Our avocado-chevre spread is smooth with avocado, goat cheese, garlic, lemon. Spread the on crostini, tuna, salmon. Hey, serve as a dip.
I love guacamole, but wanted to come up with an alternative recipe for creamy avocados. I like that this avocado-chèvre spread is a snap to make and adds lively flavor to simple meals. When zesting lemons, make sure to zest just the yellow part, as the white pith will add unwanted bitterness.–Stacey Printz
- Quick Glance
- 5 M
- 5 M
- Makes about 1 1/4 cups
IngredientsEmail Grocery List
- 2 medium avocados, split, and flesh scooped out
- One 5-ounce package chèvre (soft goat cheese)
- 3 teaspoons lemon zest
- 4 to 5 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1. Place the avocado, chèvre, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, and salt in the bowl of a food processor blend until smooth. Season with pepper.
- Serve the avocado-chèvre spread on crostini with fresh cracked pepper or cayenne pepper and shaved Parmesan cheese.
- Spread over sauteed or grilled ahi tuna or salmon. Dust with cayenne pepper. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Add the avocado-chèvre spread to a vegetarian sandwich or a tuna sandwich.
- Serve the spread as a dip for corn chips, pita chips, or veggies.
Recipe Testers Reviews
Life has been very busy lately, so I was looking for something very quick and easy to make and serve to visiting friends. This spread could not have been more perfect. It was exactly as quick and easy as it seemed, and tasted great, too. I loved the bright flavor the lemon added to the avocado. I served it with crostini, as mentioned in the serving suggestions, and I cannot wait to try it as a dip with veggies.