Our avocado-chevre spread is smooth with avocado, goat cheese, garlic, lemon. Spread the on crostini, tuna, salmon. Hey, serve as a dip.
I love guacamole, but wanted to come up with an alternative recipe for creamy avocados. I like that this avocado-chèvre spread is a snap to make and adds lively flavor to simple meals. When zesting lemons, make sure to zest just the yellow part, as the white pith will add unwanted bitterness.–Stacey Printz
- Quick Glance
- 5 M
- 5 M
- Makes about 1 1/4 cups
- 2 medium avocados, split, and flesh scooped out
- One 5-ounce package chèvre (soft goat cheese)
- 3 teaspoons lemon zest
- 4 to 5 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1. Place the avocado, chèvre, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, and salt in the bowl of a food processor blend until smooth. Season with pepper.
- Serve the avocado-chèvre spread on crostini with fresh cracked pepper or cayenne pepper and shaved Parmesan cheese.
- Spread over sauteed or grilled ahi tuna or salmon. Dust with cayenne pepper. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Add the avocado-chèvre spread to a vegetarian sandwich or a tuna sandwich.
- Serve the spread as a dip for corn chips, pita chips, or veggies.