The cranberry cosmopolitan is a pink drink even most men will drink. Or so swears author and mixologist Kathy Casey. She also dubs the cosmo “a new classic,” one that’s open to many variations, as in this version where sweet-tart grapefruit or citron vodka goes splendidly with the familiar mouth-puckering tartness of cranberry juice. And if the guys at your holiday gathering still resist, simply break out the white cranberry juice and make the drink look like a martini.–Renee Schettler Rossi
LC Cocktail Calibrating Note
Keep in mind, 1 ounce = 2 tablespoons. After all, why rely on a shot glass when you can pull out your trusty measuring spoons?
Cranberry Cosmopolitan Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 5 M
- 5 M
- Serves 1
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka, preferably ruby red vodka or citron vodka
- 1/2 ounce orange liqueur, such as Cointreau or Grand Marnier
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce cranberry juice, whether red or white
- 1 fresh or frozen cranberry
- 1. To make the cranberry cosmopolitan, fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Measure in the vodka, orange liqueur, and lime and cranberry juices and shake vigorously.
- 2. Strain the cranberry cosmopolitan into a martini glass and float a cranberry in the drink for garnish. Repeat as needed.