This burger, a twist on the combination of lamb and mint, will have your guests clamoring for more.–Gena Knox
LC Try It, You'll Like It Note
Author Gena Knox notes that the mint gremolata is also a boon to lamb chops or grilled tuna. Try it, you’ll like it.
Olive-Lamb Burger with Mint Gremolata
- Quick Glance
- 20 M
- 30 M
- Makes 4 servings
IngredientsEmail Grocery List
- For the mint gremolata
- 1/2 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice and grated zest of 1 large lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- For the olive-lamb burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 1/3 cup chopped and pitted kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1. Prepare the grill or grill pan to medium-hot.
- 2. To make the sauce, combine the mint, parsley, garlic, lemon juice and zest, and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the lamb, olives, and oregano; season with a generous amount of black pepper and a touch of salt. Divide the mixture into 4 equal patties, about 1/2-inch thick.
- 4. Cook the olive-lamb burgers until seared on one side, about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the burgers and continue cooking, about 4 minutes for medium, or until desired doneness.
- 5. Serve on the hamburger buns, with the gremolata sauce on the side.
Recipe Testers Reviews
A great balance of flavours among the gremolata, olives, and lamb. The richness of the meat is lifted by the freshness of the lemon juice and herbs, so the burgers are satisfying without being too heavy. Everything is quick and easy to put together, too, so the burgers are ideal for a midweek meal. The only thing I’d suggest is that, since I found the oregano to be overpowered by the fresh, sharp flavours of the gremolata, I might add a touch more the next time—and there will definitely be a next time.