This burger, a twist on the combination of lamb and mint, will have your guests clamoring for more.–Gena Knox
LC Try It, You'll Like It Note
Author Gena Knox notes that the mint gremolata is also a boon to lamb chops or grilled tuna. Try it, you’ll like it.
Olive-Lamb Burger with Mint Gremolata Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 20 M
- 30 M
- Makes 4 servings
- For the mint gremolata
- 1/2 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice and grated zest of 1 large lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- For the olive-lamb burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 1/3 cup chopped and pitted kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1. Prepare the grill or grill pan to medium-hot.
- 2. To make the sauce, combine the mint, parsley, garlic, lemon juice and zest, and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the lamb, olives, and oregano; season with a generous amount of black pepper and a touch of salt. Divide the mixture into 4 equal patties, about 1/2-inch thick.
- 4. Cook the olive-lamb burgers until seared on one side, about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the burgers and continue cooking, about 4 minutes for medium, or until desired doneness.
- 5. Serve on the hamburger buns, with the gremolata sauce on the side.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!