You’ll never feel the same way about carrots after you’ve tried this dish. Turkish zucchini can be used instead of the carrots, but a teaspoon of dried mint will need to be added to the dish.–Nur Ilkin and Sheilah Kaufman
Carrots with Garlic and Yogurt Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 25 M
- 25 M
- Serves 8
- 7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup drained yogurt (start with 3 cups of yogurt, place in a cheesecloth-lined colander, and let sit at room temperature for about 4 hours)
- 2 teaspoons Aleppo pepper or paprika
- Olives, optional
- 1. In a 3-quart pot, heat 5 tablespoons of the oil and saute the onions, stirring over medium heat for 5 minutes. Do not let them brown or burn.
- 2. Add the carrots, stirring to mix well, and continue cooking for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- 3. Crush the garlic and salt with a mortar and pestle. Place the cooled carrots in a large bowl and add the drained yogurt and the garlic mixture. Mix well and place in a serving dish.
- 4. Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the paprika and drizzle in a design over the top of the carrots. Decorate with olives if desired. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!