Make this easy and quick shrimp salad for a picnic or a casual sit-down dinner.–Dot Vartan
Shrimp Couscous Salad Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 15 M
- 35 M
- Makes 6 servings
- For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- One 10-ounce package plain couscous
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- One 11-ounce can mandarin oranges, drained and cut into halves
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- Make the dressing
- 1. Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil and cumin in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Make and assemble the salad
- 2. Bring the vegetable broth and butter to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in the couscous and cover. Remove from heat; let stand for 5 to 10 minutes or until broth is absorbed.
- 3. Transfer the couscous to a large bowl and fluff with a fork. Cool to room temperature.
- 4. Add the shrimp, oranges, tomatoes, raisins, almonds, and green onions to the cooled couscous and gently mix together.
- 5. Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss to coat.
Tip: Although it looks like a grain, couscous is actually a form of pasta made from steaming and drying cracked durum wheat. Couscous is widely available in the quick-cooking variety that only needs to be soaked in hot water.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!