Fill in the information below, and you’ll be entered to win a Gourmet Cheese Sampler from Cypress Grove Chèvre.
Note: You can enter two times per e-mail address per day. Deadline is noon (12 p.m.) ET 8.15.11.
Cypress Grove Chèvre is the leading producer of artisanal American goat cheese. Founded in 1983 by Mary Keehn and based in Arcata, California, Cypress Grove continues its tradition of innovation and excellence by introducing award-winning, original cheeses to the marketplace.
In fact, “excellence” doesn’t even come close. Take it from our contributor, Mark Scarbrough, who knows a thing or two about goats (and by extension, goat cheese). He spent more than a year traveling the U.S. and Canada researching a book on the subject, after all. His favorite? Grassy, sassy Midnight Moon Goat Gouda, which you’ll get to sample should you be lucky enough to win our giveaway.
This delicious prize package features a Cypress Grove insulated lunch tote, filled with:
- Humboldt Fog Mini—Cypress Grove’s signature offering; creamy and luscious with a subtle tangy flavor and ribbons of edible vegetable ash
- 1 lb. slice Midnight Moon—Pale, firm goat gouda, aged six months or more; dense and smooth with a nutty, brown-butter flavor and notes of caramel
- 1 lb. slice Lamb Chopper—A mild sheep milk cheese, buttery in color and flavor with a long, complex finish; an enchanting table or cooking cheese
- 12 oz. slice Truffle Tremor—Truffle flavor in the velvety perfection of ripened goat milk cheese; earthy, elegant, and sophisticated
- 4 oz. disk Purple Haze—Lavender and fennel pollen give this cheese a delightful, sweet flavor to complement its acidity
- 4 oz. disk Herbs de Humboldt—Fresh herbed goat cheese with a creamy texture and sublime taste
- 4 oz. disk Natural—Classic goat cheese at its creamiest best
Wondering what to do with all that cheese? Serve some with Mark Scarbrough and Bruce Weinstein’s Arugula Salad with Country Ham, Pears, and Honey Vinaigrette.
To make sure you’re kept abreast of our latest cookbook, kitchen appliance, and food giveaways, subscribe to our new giveaway-only feed. If you want stay on top of our recipes and writings, subscribe to our general feeds, e-mails, or digest in the column to the right.
OFFICIAL RULES:No purchase necessary to enter or win. This sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous states of the U.S. (and the District of Columbia), who are physically located and residing therein, and who are 18 years of age at time of entry. Leite’s Culinaria assumes no responsibility for late or misdirected entries due to SPAM, technological, or e-mail filtering issues or for prizes lost in transit. For this giveaway, entrants can enter 2 times per e-mail address per day. The use of any system, robot, agent, or software to automatically submit entries in connection with this Giveaway is prohibited. Leite’s Culinaria’s decisions concerning all matters related to this sweepstakes are final. A randomly selected winner will be notified by e-mail. Odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received. Leite’s Culinaria employees, independent contractors, and their immediate family members are not eligible to win. Void where prohibited by law. No cash substitutions, transfer, or assignment of prizes allowed except by Leite’s Culinaria. Winner must claim prize within 2 weeks or the prize will be forfeited. Prizes will be shipped 2 to 3 weeks after the prizes have been claimed. Winner grants to Leite’s Culinaria the right to use his/her name and biographical information in advertising and promotion without compensation or permission. Shipping and postage will be paid for by Leite’s Culinaria. Any tax, international or otherwise, is the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner releases Leite’s Culinaria from any liability arising out of participation in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, use, or misuse of the prize. List of winners available here. Note: All prizes valued at $49.99 or less have been donated. All prizes valued at $50.00 or more have been purchased by Leite’s Culinaria.