A variation on the classic sugar cookie, these brown sugar cookies are just a little deeper and richer than its inspiration.–Gretchen Holt-Witt
LC Cookies In a Hurry Note
A batch of these brown sugar cookies takes less than an hour, start to finish. Uh, what are you waiting for?
Brown Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 20 M
- 45 M
- Makes 4 dozen
- 1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190°C).
- 2. Beat the butter and sugar in the bowl of a mixer fitted with a paddle until smooth and creamy. Add the egg and beat well. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Dump the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices in a separate bowl and mix well. Add to the butter mixture and beat on low speed until everything is incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat again.
- 3. Drop large teaspoonfuls of the dough on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake until the edges of the cookies are just beginning to brown, 8 to 12 minutes. If you prefer crisp cookies, let them cool on the sheet; if you prefer soft, chewy cookies, transfer them to a wire rack to cool. Let the baking sheet cool completely between batches and repeat with the remaining dough.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!