Mixed green salad with prosciutto and cherries is a simple and stunning and satiating summer supper of mixed lettuces and vinagrette plus some salad surprises from British phenom Gordon Ramsey. Best yet, it requires no cooking. Just a little slicing and tossing.
This lovely little number from the equally lovely British writer and recipe-writing legend, Nigel Slater, is our sorta summer supper. Just whisk, chop, and toss and you’re done. Though you needn’t share that information with anyone else at the table. Just let him or her thank you for slaving over such a stunning and sumptuous repast, smile, and graciously say “thank you.” Talk about a sumptuous weeknight repast. Originally published July 8, 2013.–Nigel Slater
Mixed Green Salad with Prosciutto and Cherries Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 10 M
- 10 M
- Serves 2
- For the dressing
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- A few flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- For the salad
- 4 generous handfuls salad greens
- 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 ounces thinly sliced cured ham, such as prosciutto, Parma, speck, or coppa, cut into strips
- 4 handfuls cherries, halved and pitted
- Make the dressing
- 1. Place the mustard in a small bowl with the pinch salt, red wine vinegar, olive oil, and a grind of black pepper. Mix with a fork or small whisk, then introduce the cream. Add the parsley to the dressing and stir to combine.
- Make the salad
- 2. Toss the salad leaves with the cured ham. Add the cherries and drizzle with the dressing. Serve without delay.