These Halloween wizards’ hats cupcakes are made with your favorite homemade or store-bought cupcakes, frosting, ice cream cones, sprinkles, and candy. A Dumbledore-perfect Halloween treat.
These wizards’ hats cupcakes are cleverly designed to stash small candies beneath their pointed caps. As to what candies, small ones—lots of them. Gummy worms. Candy corn. Jelly beans (just not in earwax or vomit flavors, please, as Dumbledore once expressed disdain for them). We can’t imagine a more appropriate Halloween treat. Originally published October 6, 2013.–Renee Schettler Rossi
Wizards’ Hats Halloween Cupcakes Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 45 M
- 45 M
- Makes 12
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 12 pointy sugar cones (you know, ice cream cones)
- Edible silver balls or colored sprinkles
- 12 cupcakes (any flavor)
- About 2 cups frosting (any flavor)
- Assorted sprinkles (orange and black are the most festive)
- Assorted unwrapped candies (small enough to stash in the cones)
- 1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl, either in the microwave on a low setting or in a bowl set over but not touching a pan of barely simmering water (do not let the base of the bowl touch the water). Stir until smooth. Hold an ice cream cone over the bowl of chocolate and pour the melted chocolate over it with a spoon, turning the cone and repeating until the cone is evenly coated, allowing any excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl. Sprinkle with edible silver balls or sprinkles, then stand the hats upright on the prepared baking sheet and let them rest, undisturbed, until set.
- 2. To decorate the cones, er, wizards’ hats, cover the top of each cupcake with a swirl of frosting and strew with sprinkles. Fill the chocolate-coated ice cream cones with candies and stick one on top of each cupcake.