No Purchase Necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
1. General Rules. Unless otherwise specified in the promotion details, the following rules apply generally to all sweepstakes conducted by Sponsor on the website Leite’s Culinaria located at https://leitesculinaria.com (the “Website”), that are conducted in the United States and/or Canada (excluding Quebec) and have an aggregate prize value of $5000.00 or less. Because Sponsor runs a wide variety of promotions (“Sweepstakes”), at times some rules may not be applicable and/or additional rules may apply, for which you will be provided a link. In such cases, where such changes are not noted in these rules, changes and modifications to that specific promotion (“Specific Sweepstakes”) will be digitally posted on the landing site or post for the promotion (“Announcement”) or in separate written rules.
2. Sweepstakes Dates. All Sweepstakes begin on the date and time the Announcement is posted and end on the date and time provided in the Announcement (“Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be received by the end date and time to be eligible to win. The end time, unless otherwise noted, will always be 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time (regardless of Daylight Savings Time), according to Sponsor’s server clock.
3. Sponsor: All Sweepstakes on the Website are sponsored by Leite’s Culinaria, Inc. 174 W. 76th St., No. 13G, New York, NY 10023 unless otherwise stated. Additional sponsors, if any, will be noted on the Announcement (“Sponsor”).
4. Eligibility. Unless otherwise noted in the Announcement or in separate rules, each Specific Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) (“Territory”) who are 18 years of age or older and have Internet access as of the start date of the Sweepstakes. Void outside of the Territory, in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions and wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Employees and representatives of Sponsor, prize providers, advertising partners, their distributors, contractors, agents, or any of the participating sponsors, and the subsidiaries, affiliates and parent companies of such entities (collectively the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and the members of the immediate families or household of such individuals are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law.
5. How to Enter. Up to three (3) entries per email address per day during the Sweepstakes Period, unless otherwise specified in the Announcement. Online entries only. Snail mail entries will be discarded. Unless otherwise noted, follow the directions on the Specific Sweepstakes Announcement, which may require completion of a form including your full name and email address, in order to enter and possibly win a prize.
All names and contact information must be accurate, truthful and valid. All entries must be received by the Sweepstakes end date and time as determined by Sponsor’s server. No hand, mail-in or e-mail deliveries will be accepted, unless noted in the Announcement. In the event promotion is a mail-in Sweepstakes, all entries must be postmarked by the end date on the Announcement and received at the correct address no later than 5:00pm ET 7 days after end date. None of the Sweepstakes Entities are responsible for late, incomplete, void, corrupted, garbled, misdirected, or otherwise unintelligible Submissions and for any problems, bugs or malfunctions Entrants may encounter when submitting their Submissions. Incomplete, garbled, corrupted or otherwise illegible Submissions are void and will not be accepted. Any Entrant who is discovered attempting to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different identities, or any other methods will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of a Specific Sweepstakes or violating these Official Rules. Entries generated by a script, bot, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Sponsor will not verify receipt of submissions. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the person in whose name the e-mail account governing the e-mail address was opened. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible.
6. Odds. Odds of winning depends on the total number of eligible entries received.
7. Drawing and Notification. All qualified entries will be entered into a random drawing where one (1) potential winner will be selected, unless noted otherwise in the Announcement (“Selected Entrant”). The Selected Entrant will be notified by email in Sponsor’s discretion using the information provided during the entry process. Selected Entrant will be required to respond (as directed) within fourteen (14) days of attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and in such case Sponsor may randomly select an alternate chosen entrant from among the remaining eligible entries. Selected Entrant may also be sent an affidavit of eligibility / liability / publicity release (“Release”). According to Canadian law, if a Selected Entrant is a Canadian resident, such resident will be sent a skill question during a mutually agreed-upon time. The Canadian resident will have a set time (for example, 20 minutes) to correctly answer the question in order to be deemed a qualified Selected Entrant. The Selected Entrant’s name be published in Sponsor’s publications and web sites in the form of a first name, last initial, hometown and state. Unless restricted by law, Selected Entrant may be required to complete and return the Release within five (5) days of receiving it. An alternate Selected Entrant may be randomly selected (up to three times) from among the remaining eligible entries if a Selected Entrant: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) fails to obtain all signatures on the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iii) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason. Selected Entrant will receive the Prize by mail within approximately thirty (30) days of the Drawing Date (exact timing subject to change based upon availability of Prize). Assumed notification by caller ID and any subsequent returned calls do not constitute a winner. Sponsor will not make multiple attempts to contact Selected Entrants.
8. Prize. If eligible under these Rules, one Selected Entrant will receive the prize(s) (“Prize”) described in the Announcement. The total Average Retail Value of Prize (“ARV”) is specified in the Announcement and shall not exceed $5,000.
9. Prize Conditions. Winning a prize may be a taxable event. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of Selected Entrants, and Selected Entrants who are U.S. residents may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded prize. Winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning a prize any and all costs of verification and redemption to redeem said prize and any liability which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from any Prize will be the sole responsibility of each winner who accepts a prize. Except where prohibited by law, the winner’s entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sweepstakes Entities to use said winner’s name, and in some cases, his or her photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with Sponsor generally. All entries are subject to verification prior to awarding of prizes. Eligibility, age, and claims made by the Selected Entrant also are subject to verification prior to awarding of prizes. Selected Entrant is not permitted to substitute the Prize. Prizes are non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. Selected Entrants not entitled to any surplus between actual retail value of prize and stated ARV and any difference between stated ARV and actual value of the prize will not be awarded. The ARV of any prize is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. No substitution, transfer, assignment or cash redemption of prize, provided however that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. If prize is awarded but goes unclaimed or is forfeited by recipient, the prize may not be re-awarded, in Sweepstakes Entities’ sole discretion. If Selected Entrant is not reachable or is unable to participate in, accept a prize or any portion of a prize for any reason, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the Entrant. The prize will be delivered by U.S. Mail or overnight carrier (i.e., FEDEX, UPS), within Sponsor’s sole discretion, to an address provided by the Selected Entrant. Prizes shall only be mailed to an address in the United States or Canada. Sponsor or any of its prize suppliers are not responsible for, and will not replace, any lost, late, misdirected, damaged, undeliverable or stolen prizes. Any and all guarantees and warranties of merchandise prize are subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions, and Selected Entrant agrees to look solely to said manufacturers for any such warranty or guarantee claim. All warranties are hereby disclaimed, and the Selected Entrant will accept the prize “as is.” One prize per household.
10. General Conditions. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws of the United States. By participating, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Any portion of the Sweepstakes may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in Sweepstakes Entities’ opinion any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond our control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass other entrants or Sponsor’s representatives, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. You may not enter with multiple identities or use any system, bot or other device or artifice to enter or obtain more than the maximum number of qualified entries. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner(s) in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. Unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Sponsors shall not be liable to the winners for failure to supply any prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other similar or dissimilar cause beyond any of the Sponsors’ control. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible, and Selected Entrant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities for: (a) lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable, incomplete or indecipherable entries due to system errors or failures, or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions and/or entries; (b) technical failures of any kinds; (c) failures of any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (d) unauthorized human and/or mechanical intervention in any part of the submission process or the Sweepstakes; (e) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (f) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from any Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
12. Publicity. Except where prohibited by law, the Selected Entrant’s acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use said Selected Entrant’s name, photographs, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation.
13. Official Rules; Winners’ List. Go here for a copy of the Official Rules; go here for Previous Winners. Winners lists become available after completion of Specific Sweepstakes and remain active for at least 90 days.
© 2014 Leite’s Culinaria. All rights reserved.