Everything bagel seasoning is the mixture that makes those bagels so good. But did you know that it’s also incredibly good on other kinds of bread, cheese balls, avocado toast, roasted potatoes, popcorn, pizza crust? It really DOES go on everything.
We can honestly tell you that this is one of the easiest things you can make—and then sprinkle it on everything. Just salty enough, with a garlic and onion kick that makes everything savory that much better. One of our favorite ways to use it is in this extraordinary No-knead Everything Bagel Bread. Why just sprinkle it on top when you can have it in every bite?–Jenny Latreille
CAN I MAKE SUBSTITUTIONS IN THIS EVERYTHING BAGEL SEASONING?
No! Don’t even think about using granulated garlic or just regular old table salt. And let us tell you why—a mixture that’s made to be sprinkled on everything (and trust us, that’s how much you’re going to use it) needs to be a similar size. Otherwise, you’re going to end up with the smaller bits falling to the bottom of the container and you won’t get a consistent mixture of topping, making it not-quite-everything-bagel seasoning. And who wants that?
Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 4 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 4 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons flaked sea salt or coarse salt
- In a small container or jar with a lid, combine all of the ingredients and stir to combine. Use immediately or cover and store at room temperature for up to 1 month.
If you make this recipe, snap a photo and hashtag it #LeitesCulinaria. We’d love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Originally published June 24, 2021
If you make this recipe, snap a photo and hashtag it #LeitesCulinaria. We'd love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.