…your list of favorites.
- Blue Cheese, Sausage, and Walnut Pasta
- Cavatelli with Turkey Sausage, Tomato, and Broccoli Rabe
- Fettuccine Alfredo
- Cacio e Pepe
- Creamy Pappardelle with Chicken and Bacon
- Smoked Salmon Pasta
- Spaghetti with Garlic and Chile Flakes
- Penne with Spinach-Ricotta Sauce
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- Pasta FAQs
- 10 Quick and Easy Pasta Recipes Recipe
Blue Cheese, Sausage, and Walnut Pasta
I made this for dinner last night, and I’m so glad that I did as it was absolutely delicious! It was rich and creamy, the perfect dish for a rainy night.
The sausage and blue cheese complemented each other so nicely. It seemed like a very elegant pasta dish, however, it was quick to put together with few ingredients needed. This is definitely going into my pasta dinner rotation.aryn
Cavatelli with Turkey Sausage, Tomato, and Broccoli Rabe
Cacio e Pepe
This cacio e pepe was really delish and super easy. Nice to have a meatless meal for a change.anne
Creamy Pappardelle with Chicken and Bacon
Smoked Salmon Pasta
Spaghetti with Garlic and Chile Flakes
Amazingly simple. Easy and delicious.piyush
Penne with Spinach-Ricotta Sauce
This spinach-ricotta pasta is mild and luscious, reminiscent of creamed spinach but much lighter. We served it two ways: my husband had his with Parmesan, and I had mine with mizithra. Both were delicious.alena
Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta
Different pasta shapes are suited to different types of sauce. Some pasta recipes work best with long strands so that they are fully coated in sweet tomato sauce, while other pasta shapes have nooks and crannies to capture bits of ground beef or sausage.
However, within those categories, you can easily swap in different shapes of pasta. Check out this guide on How to Choose the Best Pasta Shape for Your Sauce.
Our preferred method is to reheat leftover pasta gently in a saucepan over low heat. When you’re making pasta, save some of the pasta water and stash it in the fridge with your leftovers. It works miracles in loosening up pasta sauces that have turned too thick and clumpy.
There are three important things to remember when cooking pasta. First, undercook it slightly. You want it to be just al dente which is usually about 1 minute less than the box suggests.
Second, save some pasta water before you drain the noodles. That starchy liquid will help bring your sauce and pasta together.
Lastly, finish cooking your pasta in your sauce. The flavors will meld together and the pasta will absorb some of the sauce as it finishes cooking. For more details, read this article on How to Cook Perfect Pasta.
10 Quick and Easy Pasta Recipes
- 1 pound farfalle
- Table salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest, preferably organic
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- One (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 12 ounces good-quality olive oil-packed tuna, drained
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a large pot, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Add pasta and 1 tablespoon salt and cook according to package directions, stirring often, until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain pasta and return it to the pot.
- In a 12-inch (30-cm) nonstick skillet over medium heat, warm 1 tablespoon oil until shimmering. Add panko and capers and cook, stirring frequently, until panko is golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in lemon zest and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Dump the topping into a bowl.
- Wipe skillet clean with paper towels. Return the skillet to medium heat and warm the remaining tablespoon of oil until shimmering. Add garlic and pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in tomatoes and simmer until thickened slightly, about 10 minutes. Stir in olives and remove from heat.
- Add sauce to the pasta and stir until pasta is well coated. Fold in tuna gently until combined but chunks still remain. Season with salt and pepper to taste and adjust consistency with reserved cooking water as needed.
- Sprinkle with reserved panko mixture. Serve with lemon wedges.
The Ultimate Meal Prep CookbookBuy On Amazon
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.