A negroni is a classic cocktail recipe made with gin, sweet red vermouth, and Campari that has a vibrant red hue that's great at holidays but equally welcome at parties throughout the year.
This best negroni recipe plays with the proportions of the classic negroni to create a slightly stiffer concoction. Whereas tradition dictates equal parts gin, sweet red vermouth, and Campari, this rendition increases the gin and decreases the sweet stuff.–Renee Schettler Rossi
Best Negroni Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 5 M
- 5 M
- Serves 1
- 2 ounces London dry gin (such as Plymouth, Beefeater, or Tanqueray)
- 3/4 ounce Campari
- 3/4 ounce sweet (red) vermouth (such as Dolin Rouge or Carpano Antica)
- 6 dashes grapefruit bitters
- 1 orange twist, for garnish
- 1. Pour the gin, Campari, sweet (red) vermouth, and grapefruit bitters over ice into a chilled mixing glass.
- 2. Stir and strain into a martini glass.
- 3. Garnish with the orange twist.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!