Breakfast sweet potatoes are gonna turn your breakfast game upside down. They’re baked sweet potatoes topped with yogurt and granola and maple syrup. Um, yum.
These breakfast sweet potatoes make rolling out of bed a whole lot more enticing. Drizzled with maple-spiced yogurt and sprinkled with granola, this breakfast is satisfying as heck and really quite healthy, too. We’re even willing to bet this breakfast will banish your midmorning grumblies and grunchies.–Angie Zoobkoff
Breakfast Sweet Potatoes
- Quick Glance
- 15 M
- 45 M
- Serves 2 to 4
- 2 small sweet potatoes (about 1 lb), scrubbed and halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup full-fat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup store-bought or homemade granola
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. Lightly brush the cut side of each sweet potato with olive oil. Place them, cut side down on the baking sheet and roast until tender and lightly browned, 30 to 40 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla, and spices. Taste and adjust the seasonings as desired.
- 4. Once the sweet potatoes are tender, let them cool for about 5 minutes and then top with a spoonful of spiced yogurt and a small handful of granola. Serve warm.