How to make the perfect fried egg explains how long to cook an egg sunnyside up and at exactly what heat for a soft, runny yolk and tender whites that aren’t overcooked or crunchy at the edges. And the method used is sorta brilliant. In fact, it’s incredibly brilliant.–David Leite
The Perfect Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon unsalted butter or olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a small cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the butter or oil and swirl it to coat the skillet. Immediately crack the egg into the skillet. Add the water to the pan, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove the egg from the pan immediately. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Mad Hungry: Feeding Men and BoysBuy On Amazon
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.