The scent of cinnamon always seems to evoke happy memories of comforting breakfasts. This is a childhood classic that’s too good to skimp on ingredients: make your toast with bakery-fresh bread, luscious European-style butter, and fragrant, high-quality cinnamon. For the sweet accent, I prefer to use honey rather than granulated sugar. You can use your favorite artisan bread, as long as it doesn’t have too many holes in it, which will allow the butter to leak through.–Rick Rodgers
LC Happiness Is… Note
Three guesses as to what we’re thinking happiness is…
Cinnamon Toast with Butter and Honey Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 3 M
- 3 M
- Makes 4 slices
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon mild honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 slices good-quality white sandwich bread
- 1. Preheat the broiler. Have ready a rimmed baking sheet.
- 2. In a small bowl, using a fork or rubber spatula, mash together the butter, honey, and cinnamon.
- 3. Arrange the bread on the baking sheet. Broil until the bread is toasted, about 1 minute. Remove from the broiler and flip the bread. Spread equal amounts of the cinnamon butter over the untoasted sides of the bread. Return to the broiler until the cinnamon butter is bubbling and the edges of the bread are toasted, about 1 minute. Serve hot.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!