St. Germain, Champagne or prosecco, and soda water. Lightly effervescent, slightly inebriating, and thoroughly enjoyable.
This St. Germain cocktail is, in the words of its creator, an expression of “low-alcohol conviviality” of the sort that’s everywhere throughout Europe. You know, the sort of light, lovely, ever-so-slightly tipsy, effervescent conviviality defined by sitting a spell and chatting and not checking your text messages or your likes on Instagram while someone else is talking. Of course, we couldn’t pull our attention away from this cocktail even if we tried—or if we suddenly doubled our Instagram followers. But don’t take our word for it. Try it and see for yourself.–Renee Schettler Rossi
St. Germain Cocktail
- Quick Glance
- 5 M
- 5 M
- Makes 1 cocktail
- 1 to 1 1/2 ounces St. Germain (30 to 45 ml)
- 2 ounces dry sparkling wine (60 ml)
- 2 ounces soda water (60 ml)
- Lemon twist, for garnish
- 1. Combine all of the ingredients over ice in a Collins glass, highball glass, or glass tumbler.
- 2. Stir gently and garnish with the lemon twist.
- 3. Start sipping immediately (as if we had to tell you that!).