This salad captures the spirit of summer, with its fresh basil and just-picked vegetables. My friend Carol Reuss in Pittsboro, North Carolina, got the recipe from a neighbor, Cynthia Jones.–Debbie Moose
Potato Salad with Corn, Tomatoes, and a Basil Dressing
- Quick Glance
- 15 M
- 45 M
- 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 packed cup basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 1/2 pounds red potatoes
- 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 ears fresh corn, cooked, kernels removed
- 1. Put the white wine vinegar, olive oil, basil leaves, salt, and black pepper in a blender or food processor. Process until the mixture is emulsified.
- 2. Place the potatoes in a large pot, add enough water to cover them, and bring to a boil. Cook until the potatoes are pierced easily with the tip of a sharp knife, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 3. Drain and let cool until you can handle them but they are still warm. Cut into quarters, but do not peel.
- 4. Put the potatoes, cherry tomatoes, and corn kernels in a large bowl. Pour in the basil dressing and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.