This blue cheese dip, made with just yogurt, vinegar, mayo, and blue cheese, is the best thing we can think of to dip, dunk, or otherwise devour with your Buffalo wings. Amazing flavor and no pesky preservatives.
This blue cheese dip is pretty much the classic cool, creamy, tangy, can’t-quite-get-enough accompaniment to many things–as a dip for crudités, as a smear on steak, as something to drizzle or dollop on salads, baked potatoes, anything that would otherwise taste a little too abstemious. Although its most inspired application is perhaps also its most expected alongside Buffalo wings. Nothing wrong with that. Originally published January 29, 2012–Renee Schettler Rossi
Blue Cheese Dip
- Quick Glance
- 5 M
- 5 M
- Makes about 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup plain Greek-style nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons store bought or homemade mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese (1 1/2 oz)
- 1. In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, and blue cheese. Mash any very large chunks of blue cheese with the back of a spoon to integrate it into the dip.
- 2. You can make the dip up to 3 days ahead and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When you want to serve it, allow it to come to room temperature before serving. A gentle suggestion: Make plenty because this goes fast.