These curried roasted carrots are easy, easy, easy. Just four ingredients–carrots, olive oil, curry, and honey–are required to make a soul-satisfying side dish in 30 minutes. A perfect accompaniment to chicken, beef, pork, or lamb. Even add them to a salad.
The author, Jenn Segal, describes these curried roasted carrots as “vegetable candy.” We couldn’t agree more. And they couldn’t be easier to make. They’re simply tossed with olive oil, curry powder, and salt and then finished with a drizzle of honey. Did we mention it requires only one pan, pantry staples, and 10 minutes of effort? No wonder this recipe gets us excited about eating our vegetables.–Angie Zoobkoff
Curried Roasted Carrots
- Quick Glance
- 10 M
- 30 M
- Serves 4 to 6
- 2 pounds medium carrots (about 1 inch or 25 mm in diameter) (910 g), peeled and cut into thirds on the diagonal
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (45 ml)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (6 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (2 g)
- 1 tablespoon honey (21 g), or to taste
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C) and adjust an oven rack in the middle position. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- 2. Place the carrots on the prepared baking sheet, drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with the curry powder and salt, and toss until evenly coated.
- 3. Roast the carrots, stirring a few times to prevent sticking and burning, until tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 4. Immediately drizzle the honey over the carrots and stir to coat evenly. Taste and, if necessary, adjust the seasoning. Transfer the carrots to a platter and serve immediately.