Look for hearts of palm in exceptionally well-stocked produce sections, or order online.–Scott Uehlein
Hearts of Palm Salad Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 15 M
- 15 M
- Makes eight 1/4-cup servings
- 1 pound fresh hearts of palm
- 2 fresh papaya or mango
- For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 4 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon evaporated cane juice
- 1. Peel the outer layer of the hearts of palm and thinly slice. Peel and slice papaya or mango.
- 2. Combine all salad dressing ingredients and puree in blender. Toss sliced hearts of palm with dressing.
- 3. Serve 1/4 cup slice hearts of palm with 3 to 4 slices of papaya or mango.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
- Lemony Hearts of Palm Salad from Food Network
- Heart of Palm Salad with Tomato, Avocado, and Lime from Kalyn's Kitchen
- Pomelo Salad from Leite's Culinaria
- Arugula, Fennel, and Orange Salad from Leite's Culinaria
Hearts of Palm Salad Recipe © 2009 CR Products. Photo © 2009 Julie Toy. All rights reserved.
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!