Look for hearts of palm in exceptionally well-stocked produce sections, or order online.–Scott Uehlein
Hearts of Palm Salad Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 15 M
- 15 M
- Makes eight 1/4-cup servings
- 1 pound fresh hearts of palm
- 2 fresh papaya or mango
- For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 4 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon evaporated cane juice
- 1. Peel the outer layer of the hearts of palm and thinly slice. Peel and slice papaya or mango.
- 2. Combine all salad dressing ingredients and puree in blender. Toss sliced hearts of palm with dressing.
- 3. Serve 1/4 cup slice hearts of palm with 3 to 4 slices of papaya or mango.
Hearts of Palm Salad Recipe © 2009 CR Products. Photo © 2009 Julie Toy. All rights reserved.