Herb infused black olives are an easy yet elegant cocktail party nibble. They’re just marinated in olive oil and herbs but they’re gonna earn you accolades and give your guests something spectacular to talk about.
Herb infused black olives are, quite simply, olives tossed with olive oil, herbs, crushed red pepper flakes, and citrus zest. Sounds simple, yes? And it is. Although the taste is anything but. This is one of those recipes whose sum is exponentially greater than its parts. And this particulars sum goes spectacularly with wine and casual chit chat.–Renee Schettler Rossi
Herb Infused Black Olives
- Quick Glance
- 5 M
- 25 M
- Serves 4 to 6
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (45 ml)
- 1 cup Niçoise olives, pitted if desired (155 g)
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme (3 g)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary (3 g)
- 1 lemon, preferably organic (175 g)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (60 ml)
- 1. In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. When the oil is warm, add the olives, pepper flakes, thyme, and rosemary.
- 2. Remove the zest from the lemon in a few strips, avoiding the underlying bitter white pith, and add it to the pan. Carefully squeeze the juice from half the lemon (about 2 tablespoons) into the pan and cook until fragrant, about 1 minutes. Then add the wine, reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook until the olives are soft, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a plate and serve immediately.