This chai spiced apple cider calls for nothing more than apple cider, your favorite chai tea, and a cinnamon stick. Quick liquid comfort.
Chai spices meet apple cider in this cup of why-haven’t-we-thought-of-this cozy loveliness. It’s essentially a cheater’s mulled cider with a chai tea bag replacing the spices and citrus you’d normally use.–Renee Schettler Rossi
Chai Spiced Apple Cider
- Quick Glance
- 5 M
- 10 M
- Serves 1
- 1 cup apple cider (237 ml)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup water (120 to 175 ml), depending on how sweet or spicy you like your apple cider
- 1 chai tea tea bag (regular or decaf if sipping at night)
- 1/2 cinnamon stick (about 2 inches/50 mm long)
- 1. Dump all the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a gentle boil. As soon as the cider starts to boil, reduce the heat to low and let everything warm for 5 minutes.
- 2. Remove the pan from the heat, discard the cinnamon stick and tea bag, and pour the chai apple cider into a mug. Sigh deeply.