This coffee rub recipe is equally adept at glamming up steak or pork and is easy to make with just coffee grounds, sugar, and everyday spices.
“This coffee rub is AMAZING!” “Best coffee rub EVER!!!” “The stuff of dreams!” That’s what folks are saying about this coffee rub recipe. Even better, you can toss it together in seconds from sugar and spice and, natch, ground coffee—and chances are you already have all these ingredients on hand. Sorta makes you want to try it, huh? Originally published June 21, 2015.–Renee Schettler Rossi
- Quick Glance
- 5 M
- 5 M
- Makes 1/2 cup
- 7 teaspoons sea salt
- 4 1/2 teaspoons ground coffee
- 4 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons chile powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pinch ground coriander
- Pinch ground turmeric
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the salt, coffee, brown sugar, chile powder, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, coriander, and turmeric. The coffee rub will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 6 months.
Recipe Testers Reviews
This coffee rub is the best coffee rub EVER!!! It takes about 3 minutes to mix. Then rub it on your steak and grill. The flavor is perfect. Not too hot but plenty of deliciousness to make your tastebuds sing. My husband usually likes to use a steak sauce or some Worcestershire, but not this time. Definitely a recipe you want to save.
This coffee rub is AMAZING! During the last 2 weeks, I have made it twice and used it on pork chops, country ribs, chops (again), and now a whole bone-in pork butt that was smoked, low and slow, for nearly 10 hours. This rub is the stuff of dreams!