This is so pretty and good. Make it a couple of hours before the party and leave it at room temperature. The crust is like a shortbread cookie: you don’t have to roll it out, and it doesn’t get soggy.–Paula Deen
Peach Cream Tart Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 35 M
- 1 H, 45 M
- Serves 6
- For the crust
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- For the filling
- About 6 medium peaches, peeled and sliced, or one 28-ounce can and one 16-ounce can sliced peaches in light syrup, well drained
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- For the glaze
- 1/2 cup peach preserves or jelly
- 1 tablespoon frozen lemonade concentrate
- Make the crust
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- 2. Place the flour, butter, and sour cream in a food processor and pulse to combine. When the dough has formed a ball, pat with lightly floured hands into the bottom and sides of an ungreased 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom and 1/2-inch sides, or a round au gratin dish.
- 3. Bake for about 15 minutes, until the crust is set but not browned.
- 4. Let cool while preparing the filling. Lower the oven temperature to 350°F (175°C).
- Make the filling
- 5. If using fresh peaches, peel and thickly slice the peaches. Arrange the fresh or canned peach slices in overlapping circles on top of the crust, until its completely covered. Overfill the crust, as peaches will draw up during cooking.
- 6. Combine the egg yolks, sour cream, sugar, and flour and beat until smooth. Pour the mixture over the peaches. Place the tart pan on a baking sheet and bake for about 1 hour, until the custard sets and is pale golden in color. Cover with an aluminum foil tent if the crust gets too dark.
- 7. Transfer the tart pan to a wire rack to cool. When cool, remove the side wall of the pan.
- Make the glaze
- 8. Combine the preserves or jelly and lemonade. Spread with a pastry brush over the top of the warm tart.
- 9. Serve the tart warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
Peach Cream Tart Recipe © 2005 Paula Deen. Photo © 2005 Alan Richardson. All rights reserved.