Because there is so little flour in this dish, the taste is quite different from regular pancakes. Great as an appetizer or for brunch.–Sheilah Kaufman
Ricotta Pancakes Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 30 M
- 30 M
- Makes about 30 small pancakes
- One 15- to 16-ounce container ricotta cheese (low-fat can be used)
- 4 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons melted and cooled butter or margarine
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil or non stick vegetable spray
- 1. Place the batter ingredients in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth.
- 2. Lightly grease a large griddle or frying pan and heat it over medium heat. Spoon about 2 tablespoons (or more) of batter, depending on the size pancakes you want. Silver-dollar size makes for a lovely presentation.
- 3. When a few bubbles have risen to the surface of the pancakes and the tops have lost their sheen, turn them over and cook for another few seconds. The pancakes should be very lightly browned. Serve with jam, applesauce, yogurt, or fresh berries.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!