Knowing how to make the quintessential leftover turkey cranberry sandwich with stuffing goes something like this:
1. Have Thanksgiving dinner.
2. Make certain there are leftovers.
3. Pile them atop some mayo-slicked bread in roughly the proportions below.
4. Improvise as desired. [Editor’s Note: We actually quite like some cold mashed potatoes on our turkey sandwich, but maybe that’s just us.]
5. Let out a long exhale of satisfaction the moment you tuck into it.
6. Let us know how it goes in a comment below.–David Leite
Turkey Cranberry Sandwich with Stuffing
- Slather 1 side of each slice of bread with the oil, mayonnaise, or butter.
- Divvy the cranberry sauce among all 4 bread slices, spreading it almost all the way to the edge of the bread.
- Top the cranberry sauce with the turkey, spreading it all the way to the edge of the bread. Add the stuffing and gravy, dividing them evenly between 2 of the bread slices. Stack the remaining bread slices on top, cranberry sauce side down.
- Cut each sandwich in half and demolish without delay.
- Choosing your bread–You need a firm bread to hold all of the sandwich filling together. Choose a sturdy artisan-style or rustic bread.
- Turkey–Use a mixture of light and dark turkey meat for the most flavorful sandwiches.
The Best of ThanksgivingBuy On Amazon
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Recipe Testers’ Reviews
Who doesn’t love turkey leftovers? For me, the best part of cooking a turkey is the turkey sandwiches the next day. This little recipe was a winner to everyone I served it to.
I used butter (of course), homemade orange and cranberry sauce, leftover turkey, and stuffing. I had never thought to put leftover gravy in my turkey sandwiches before but was quite surprised to find we all liked it. We “sandwiched “ all that good stuff between slices of a nice sturdy multigrain bread from a local bakery. You really do need a substantial bread to hold all that goodness in.
I used approximately 3 to 4 oz turkey per sandwich, but truthfully, who really measures it? I used a mixture of white and dark meat slices to cover the bread before adding the stuffing and gravy.
I liked the idea of mixing the cranberry sauce and mayonnaise to make a spread and will likely do that again in the future. We got 2 hearty servings. These sandwiches are filling so if you are having a salad along with it a half a sandwich each could do 4 for lunch quite nicely.