This pina colada recipe is made with rum, cream of coconut, and pineapple, and couldn't be easier. We also think it's even better than the classic.
This boozy, creamy pina colada is what we’re sipping all summer long. The frozen concoction features two types of rum (yeah, baby, two types of rum!), cream of coconut, and pineapple. With one of these in hand, you won’t even mind getting caught in the rain.–Angie Zoobkoff
Pina Colada Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 10 M
- 10 M
- Serves 2
- 3 ounces pineapple juice (88 ml)
- 2 ounces cream of coconut (60 ml), such as Coco Lopez
- 1 to 2 ounces light rum (15 to 30 ml)
- 1 to 2 ounces dark rum (15 to 30 ml)
- 1 ounce canned unsweetened coconut milk (30 ml)
- 3 tablespoons canned crushed pineapple (68 g), preferably packed in juice
- 3 cups ice cubes (about 1 pound or 450 g)
- 2 Maraschino cherries, for garnish (optional)
- 2 pineapple wedges, for garnish (optional)
- 1. Pop 2 cocktail glasses in the freezer to chill while you are making the drink.
- 2. In a blender, combine the pineapple juice, cream of coconut, light and dark rums, coconut milk, crushed pineapple, and ice and blend until smooth.
- 3. Pour the pina colada between the 2 cocktail glasses. If desired, garnish each glass with a cherry and pineapple wedge. Serve immediately.
Thirsty for more? Sip on these:
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!