We don’t have words for how this seductively simple, satiating summer sipper makes us feel. Suffice it to say it swirls together vodka, Prosecco, and lemon sorbet to ridiculously satiating, giggle-inducing effect. Don’t worry, we don’t know how to pronounce Sgroppino, either. Not that we could without slurring our words after having one or two of these tipsy-inducing summere sippers.–Renee Schettler Rossi
LC Madcap Nightcap Note
This creamy, dreamy, madcap take on a nightcap draws on the cooling comfort of lemony ice cream. Since when was a nightcap only for nighttime?
Sgroppino ~ Lemon Chill
- 1/2 pound lemon ice cream, or substitue gelato or sorbet, whether homemade or store-bought
- 4 tablespoons chilled Prosecco, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons chilled vodka, or more to taste
- Scoop the ice cream into a blender. Splash in the Prosecco and vodka and whizz just until the mixture is slushy. Please note, the more alcohol you add, the more liquidy the mixture—not necessarily a bad thing.
- Pour the sgroppino into chilled glasses (champagne flutes would be lovely) and serve immediately before it has a chance to melt.
VeneziaBuy On Amazon
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Recipe Testers’ Reviews
I used lemon gelato from our local market to make this fresh, citrus-y, bliss of Sgroppino in a glass. The cool, inviting white color of this aperitif is a tingling, tangy, refreshing flavor break from whatever it is that you’re doing. Be careful though: The addictive nature of this sipper can impel one to make more than a single trip to the blender!