You’ll love the sweet and spicy balance of flavors in this Asian noodle salad with peanut dressing. Of course, you can eliminate the chili paste if you like it milder.–Karen Bussen
LC If You Like It Hotter Note
The author of this recipe just noted what to do if you prefer your noodles milder. But if you like things hot, you probably already know you’re going to need to amp up the amount of chili paste you stir into the peanut butter dressing for these Asian noodles. Thankfully it’s quite the easy accommodation.
Asian Noodle Salad with Peanut Dressing Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 20 M
- 20 M
- Serves 6
- For the Asian noodles
- 12 ounces Chinese-style wheat noodles
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, plus more for the just-cooked noodles
- For the peanut dressing
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- Juice of 2 limes (1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon Asian-style chili paste, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons granulated or light brown sugar
- 1 cup firm tofu, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Prepare the Asian noodles
- 1. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse in cold water. Toss the noodles with a few dashes sesame oil to prevent sticking.
- Make the peanut dressing
- 2. Place the peanut butter, lime juice, sesame oil, chili paste, and sugar in a small bowl and mix well.
- 3. Toss the tofu, bean sprouts, carrots, and noodles in a large bowl and pour the peanut sauce over it all. Combine well.
- 4. Garnish the Asian noodles and peanut dressing with fresh cilantro. The salad may be served cold or at room temperature.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Asian Noodle Salad with Peanut Dressing Recipe © 2009 Karen Bussen. Photo © 2009 William Geddes. All rights reserved.
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!