This chai whipped cream is intended as a perfect little wowzer of a dollop atop these banana bread muffins. And it works quite admirably in this function. Although ever since we first succumbed to this incredibly easy and exquisitely spiced embellishment, we’ve been mulling over other destinations for it seeing as it would be a shame to contain its usage to any singular incarnation. You’ll find our working list of what we also want to slather it on in the LC Note below and in the Testers Choice comments following the recipe.–Renee Schettler Rossi
LC What Folks Are Saying About This Recipe Note
“Wowzers!” That’s what folks are saying about this chai spiced whipped cream recipe. And that sorta sums up our feelings, too, seeing as we simply cannot stop dolloping it on everything. Here’s our short list of things we want to do with this little lovely. [Editor’s Note: Hey, we’re a family website, none of that.] Got your own inspiration? Let us know in a comment below.
Dolloped atop pumpkin pie
Spooned onto baked apples and swirled into the accompanying juices
Slathered on graham crackers
Sandwiched between puffy cookies as a fancy schmancy whoopee pie
Consumed by the spoonful as you stand at the fridge sometime past midnight
Chai Spiced Whipped Cream
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the cream, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves, and confectioners’ sugar until fluffy and well combined. Swipe your finger in the chai whipped cream or snatch a beater, give it a lick, and, if desired, adjust the sweetness to your taste by adding more confectioners’ sugar.
- Use the chai spiced whipped cream immediately or cover and refrigerate it for up to a few hours. For ideas on what to serve with this, see the LC Note above.
If you make this recipe, snap a photo and hashtag it #LeitesCulinaria. We’d love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Recipe Testers’ Reviews
I bet you could serve this chai spiced whipped cream with pumpkin pecan pie. I also think you could use pumpkin pie spice as a sub for all the individual spices.
This chai whipped cream would be fabulous slathered on spice cake, pumpkin pie, or just a spoon.
Originally published October 24, 2015
If you make this recipe, snap a photo and hashtag it #LeitesCulinaria. We'd love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
This chai spiced whipped cream…wowzers! This spiced cream contains loads of potential for future applications. You will dream about what else you could slather this onto or stir it into—graham crackers, ice cream, pie, cake, cookies, coffee or tea, doughnuts, waffles, the possibilities go on and on. I did cut the sugar in half for the whipped cream, as I personally don’t like things overly sweet.