These banana bread muffins are made with very ripe bananas, butter, flour, and a mini muffin pan. Top them with chai whipped cream and serve. Perfect for breakfast and snacks.
“Wowzers!” “Incredibly moist.” “”An absolute knockout!” “Just the right amount of banana flavor.” “A crowd-pleaser!” “Fabulous.” “Perfect.” That’s what folks are saying about this banana bread muffins recipe that makes a small batch of muffins or mini muffins dolloped with a simple yet oh so satisfying spiced chai cream. Just enough to satiate a craving—no more, no less. Originally published October 24, 2015.–Renee Schettler Rossi
Banana Bread Muffins
- Quick Glance
- 15 M
- 30 M
- Makes 6 muffins
Special Equipment: Muffin tin or mini muffin tin
- 1 small overripe banana (6 to 7 inches long)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 1/2 oz), melted, plus more for the muffin tin
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- Chai Whipped Cream
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C) and lightly butter a muffin tin containing 6 muffin cups or a mini-muffin tin containing 12 mini muffin cups.
- 2. In a medium bowl, mash the banana very well with a fork. Stir in the melted butter, granulated sugar, honey, and egg yolk and mix until completely combined. Sprinkle the flour, baking soda, and salt over the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- 3. Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups and bake until the tops are puffed and golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 13 to 15 minutes. (If you’re using mini muffin tins, the banana bread muffins will need less time in the oven than if you’re using regular muffing tins.) The tops of the muffins will be sticky to the touch but that’s okay.
- 4. Let the muffins cool for a few minutes in the muffin tin. (You can cool the muffins completely and transfer them to a resealable plastic bag and freeze them for up to 3 months.)
- 5. Remove the cooled banana bread muffins from the pan and top each with a dollop of the chai spiced whipped cream.