These pumpkin swirl brownies could, technically, be labeled healthy seeing as they include a vegetable. Although we find the taste of the pumpkin spice cheesecake swirl and chocolate fudge brownies much more compelling.
These pumpkin swirl brownies are outrageously rich thanks to pumpkin spice cheesecake blended throughout a pan of chocolate fudge brownies. The brownies taste just as autumnal as they look, although honestly, we wouldn’t think twice about making them any day of the year.–Angie Zoobkoff
Pumpkin Swirl Brownies Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 15 M
- 1 H, 10 M
- Makes 24 to 36
- For the pumpkin cheesecake swirl
- 3 ounces (85 grams) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon (14 grams) butter, softened, plus more for the baking dish
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (about 228 grams) plain cannepumpkin or cooked mashed pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon (1 gram) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon (8 grams) all-purpose flour
- For the chocolate brownie batter
- 1 1/4 cups (150 grams) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon (3 grams) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces (170 grams) unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup (170 grams) butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups (446 grams) granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk, preferably whole milk
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) vanilla extract
- Make the pumpkin cheesecake swirl
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (163°C). Butter a 9-by-13-inch (23-by-33 cm) baking dish.
- 2. In a stand mixer or in a medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter for 30 seconds. Add the sugar and beat to combine. Beat in the egg, pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, and ginger. Stir in the flour.
- Make the chocolate brownie batter
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large saucepan over low heat, combine the chocolate and butter and warm until melted and smooth, stirring occasionally. Gradually add the sugar, beating just until combined. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add the milk and vanilla. Gradually add the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Spread the chocolate brownie batter evenly in the bottom of the baking dish. Spoon the cream cheese mixture in mounds on top of the chocolate brownie batter and use a table knife to swirl it into the chocolate batter. Bake until the center is just set, 55 to 65 minutes.
- 4. Remove the brownies from the oven and let them cool in the baking dish. Cut into squares.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!