This is perhaps the simplest easy gazpacho recipe ever. It’s also nice to add bits of bread (all the better if it’s a day old) or chopped herbs (some mint, maybe?), or even some summer fruit (chunks of melon, watermelon, or peach give an interesting twist). You could also save some chunks of vegetables, cut them into teensy dice, and place them on top of the soup just before serving.–Keda Black
LC Gimme Gazpacho Note
Technically speaking, no gazpacho recipe is difficult to make. Yet we’d have to say the author is correct when she asserts this is perhaps the easiest easy gazpacho recipe ever. Just blitz some stuff in the blender and pour into a bowl. We swear this Spanish classic will have you swearing off takeout all summer long, whether with feta crumbled atop or finely diced cucumber or crushed peanuts or, well, use your imagination. What else could we strew atop your gazpacho to make you swoon? Go on. Let us know in a comment below.
Easy Gazpacho Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 20 M
- 20 M
- Serves 2
- 6 ripe tomatoes
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 smallish onion
- Cold water, as needed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons store-bought or homemade hot sauce, or to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 ice cubes
- 1. Bring some water to a boil in a small saucepan. Place the tomatoes in a large bowl. Pour the boiling water over the tomatoes and let them stand for just a few minutes.
- 2. When the tomatoes are cool enough to handle, use a paring knife or your fingers to peel or slip off the skin. Cut the tomatoes into chunks.
- 3. Remove the stem, white parts, and seeds from the pepper and then cut it into chunks. Peel the cucumber and cut it into chunks. Peel the onion and cut it into chunks. Place the chunks of tomato, pepper, cucumber, and onion in a food processor or blender and process until the desired consistency is achieved. If you’re hoping for a thinner consistency, add 1/4 cold water and blend again. Continue to add water, if necessary, until the perfect consistency is achieved. Add the oil, hot sauce, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly. Cover and refrigerate until chilled through.
- 4. Ladle the gazpacho into bowls and plop the ice cubes into the bowls.