This spaghetti pie is a cinch to put together. Cooked spaghetti is mixed with onion, peppers, zucchini, tomatoes, Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses and then slid in the oven until it’s a gorgeous golden brown. And it’s like catnip for kids.
Pasta casserole. That’s essentially what this spaghetti primavera pie is. And it’s so simple. Just dump cooked spaghetti, veggies, and a cheese sauce that’s bubbly and beautiful. And you can easily swap out the veggies listed in the recipe below for anything you happen to have on hand—maybe asparagus, summer squash, mushrooms, asparagus, whatever you have on hand. Spaghetti pie? Yes, please.–Renee Schettler Rossi
Spaghetti Primavera Pie
- Quick Glance
- 20 M
- 1 H, 20 M
- Serves 6
- 1 1/2 cups sliced zucchini (from 1 zucchini)
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper (from 1 bell pepper)
- 1 cup sliced red onion (from 1 small onion)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- 2. Place the zucchini, tomatoes, bell pepper, and red onion on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and toss to coat evenly. Bake until the vegetables are tender and lightly browned, stirring once, about 20 minutes.
- 3. While the vegetables roast, cook the pasta until al dente, according to the package directions, probably 9 to 11 minutes. Drain the pasta and set it aside.
- 4. In a largish bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, eggs, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Add the cooked pasta and 1/2 cup each Parmesan and mozzarella, tossing to coat. Add the vegetables and gently toss.
- 5. Transfer to a lightly oiled 9-inch (23-cm) springform pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup each Parmesan and mozzarella. Bake until set and cheese has browned, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley.
- You can add additional seasonings—garlic, Italian seasoning, thyme, oregano, and crushed red pepper.