This frosting is very different from most other cream cheese frostings because it’s lightened with mascarpone and whipped cream. If you prefer a sturdier frosting, simply omit the whipped cream.–Bea Vo
DOES CREAM CHEESE ICING HARDEN UP IN THE FRIDGE?
If your frosting is too soft to pipe into swooping swirls and curving curls, you can pop it into the fridge for 30 minutes.
Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup heavy cream, very cold
- 3/4 cup mascarpone
- 3/4 cup cream cheese
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In another bowl, beat the mascarpone, cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until well combined.
- Add 1/3 of the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and beat until combined. Gently fold in the rest of the whipped cream until thoroughly combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before using.
Tea with BeaBuy On Amazon
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Recipe Testers’ Reviews
This homemade cream cheese frosting is awesome. I’m not a frosting person, but I was eating this straight with a spoon!
This homemade cream cheese frosting is just sweet enough, though I didn’t add the heavy cream as I prefer a thicker frosting.
A creamy, cream-cheesy frosting. It looked marvelous (despite my poor frosting capabilities) and I definitely need to try it again.