Savor this light, juicy dessert as is; throw in a blender with crushed ice for a quick, frosty treat; or start the morning right by having some of the dressed-up mangoes topped with plain yogurt.–Donna Hay
Mango with Lime and Vanilla Syrup
- Quick Glance
- 5 M
- 10 M
- Serves 4
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 4 mangoes, cheeks removed and peeled
- 1. Place the water, sugar, lime juice and vanilla bean in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- 2. Increase the heat and boil for 7 minutes or until slightly thickened. Set aside to cool.
- 3. Spoon over the mango cheeks to serve.