Savor this light, juicy dessert as is; throw in a blender with crushed ice for a quick, frosty treat; or start the morning right by having some of the dressed-up mangoes topped with plain yogurt.–Donna Hay
Mango with Lime and Vanilla Syrup
- Quick Glance
- 5 M
- 10 M
- Serves 4
IngredientsEmail Grocery List
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 4 mangoes, cheeks removed and peeled
- 1. Place the water, sugar, lime juice and vanilla bean in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- 2. Increase the heat and boil for 7 minutes or until slightly thickened. Set aside to cool.
- 3. Spoon over the mango cheeks to serve.
Recipe Testers Reviews
What a wonderfully refreshing treat on a warm day! I am practically swooning. Salivating, at least! Mangoes are one of my favorite fruits, and they are truly the star in this dish. Vanilla bean and lime simple syrup combined with mango “cheeks” is a revelation. Not only does it taste lively and exciting, but it also looks pretty with the golden yellow flesh and the tiny flecks of vanilla bean. I think a few fresh mint or basil leaves would make a great thing even better yet (but then, I am a big mint and basil fan). The recipe suggests combining the ingredients in a blender with ice for a “frosty treat.” Tomorrow’s breakfast has just been planned!