When I saw Wolfgang make these little guys, I knew that I had to add this potstickers recipe to the site. Because these Chinese dumplings can be somewhat labor intensive, they’re perfect for an informal dinner party where everyone lends a hand. Or do what my friends do and make only half the recipe and freeze the rest.–David Leite
Pot Stickers Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 2 H
- 4 H, 30 M
- Makes 100 to 120 pot stickers
- 1/4 cup garlic cloves, peeled and quartered
- 1-inch piece ginger, peeled
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/4 cup dried fruit (apricots, cherries, or raisins)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro leaves, minced
- 1/2 bunch scallions, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon chile paste
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 pounds pork butt, cubed
- Round wonton wrappers
- 1 large egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon of water, for egg wash
- Peanut oil, for frying
- Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions
- Large pinch granulated sugar
- Make the filling
- 1. In a blender, combine the garlic and ginger. Turn on the machine and slowly pour in the peanut oil and process until a purée forms. Transfer to a bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Stir together and marinate for 1 hour.
- 2. Pass the mixture through a medium dye in the meat grinder. Transfer to an electric stand mixer and, using the paddle on slow speed, mix until emulsified.
- Assemble the pot stickers
- 3. Separate the wonton wrappers and brush the edges with eggwash. Place a generous spoonful of the filling in the middle and seal the edges, making small folds starting from the center and folding down to each end to create a half-moon shape. Continue until you have used up the filling. Refrigerate the pot stickers until ready to cook.
- 4. Drop the pot stickers in small batches into boiling, salted water until cooked through, about 7 to 8 minutes. Drain. Heat a nonstick saute pan with peanut oil and sear the pot stickers until golden on the bottom. Remove and serve with the dipping sauce.
- Make the dipping sauce
- 5. Combine all the ingredients and whisk together.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!