Sometimes it’s hard to find the words to express your adoration for the person who loves you unconditionally. These 12 Mother’s day recipes are here to help you tell Mom exactly how much you love her.
Let’s get one thing straight: I’d never try to guilt you into planning a stunning spread for your mom this Mother’s Day. That’s simply not me.
Having said that, she was the one who screamed through 26 hours of labor to bring you into the world. And she was the one who cooked, cleaned, made your bed and school lunch, and came to your defense every time the neighborhood bully beat you up. And she even shouted down the bully’s mother, Stella, who happened to have been her one-time best friend, when Stella tried to blame you for her kid’s torn earlobe. (Too oddly specific?)
But, like I said, no guilt here. Just a lot of mom-approved, mom-adored recipes that fairly scream, “I love you.”
Happy Mother’s Day to the real-world heroes of our lives.
Blueberry Brioche French Toast Casserole
This recipe is INCREDIBLE!!! It tastes like Blueberry Bread Pudding to me … insanely delicious.
I made 3 the first week I tried the recipe, sharing 2 with other families. One was an Afghani family with 7 kids we’ve gotten to know. They weren’t sure what it was when we brought it over, but one and all lapped it right up.
So easy and so delicious! I used challah bread.nana’s girl
Steel-Cut Oats With Rhubarb Applesauce
Onion and Feta Cheese Tart
I have to admit that I wasn’t too sure about the onion tart recipe when I first read it. I just gave it a go because I had some puff pastry at home and feta cheese that had to be eaten as soon. However, I had the most wonderful surprise with all the wonderful flavours combined. Plus, it is dead simple to make.valentina
Little Gem Salad
I was drawn to this salad recipe because I love Little Gem lettuce. This salad came together quickly and was vibrant with fresh herbs, radishes, and lemony dressing. The ricotta salata added a creamy counterpoint to the herbs and dressing, and the toasted walnuts added a nice texture.betsy b.
Parmesan and Gruyère Cheese Soufflé
Fantastic recipe! Don’t let a souffle intimidate you, this is easy!
I would suggest you cook it till you get a nice dark golden top; otherwise, it’s still a bit gooey in the middle and not as well-risen as it can be. It froze well and baked up in ramekins in just 25 mins from frozen.helen b.
Pan-Seared Moroccan Salmon
This pan-seared salmon was so delicious! I made it for a dinner I made for my in-laws, and they loved it! Another bonus of this great dish is its presentation.paulina
Lemon Ginger Chicken
Paul Hollywood’s Lemon Drizzle Cake
This lemon drizzle cake recipe was quick and easy, and I would definitely make it again. The ingredients are easy to access, and it makes a perfect dessert or sweet breakfast. If you like lemon, this is the perfect option for you. It is very flavourful, light, and citrusy; overall a great recipe.dylan
This cheesecake is divine, both in taste and texture. Luscious, creamy, smooth texture with a great taste of chocolate-espresso that will have your guests begging for more. I feel like a master baker already!
I didn’t have any espresso biscotti or chocolate wafers, so I used digestive biscuits mixed with a tablespoon of cocoa powder. I made a ganache topping, it was pure decadence. This recipe will go to my treasure trove!marni m.
Some easy Mother’s Day brunch ideas include avocado toast, homemade pancakes or waffles, breakfast sandwiches, and yogurt parfaits. These can be personalized with toppings like fresh fruit, nuts, and syrup. Breakfast nachos are also a great option that everyone can share.
If you’d like to get a little fancier, try our classic eggs Benedict or quiche Lorraine.
If you’ve got little hands that want to help make Mom’s Day special, enlist their help to make simple scrambled eggs, iced berry cake, or this easy condensed-milk icebox cake.
Good reminder! In the US and Canada, as well as much of the world, Mother’s Day is celebrated on the second Sunday in May. In the UK, it is celebrated in March and is often referred to as “Mothering Sunday.”
Still looking for more food ideas for Mother’s Day? I got you! Check out our entire collection of Mother’s Day recipes. Let us know your Mom’s favorite meal in a comment below.
12 Mother’s Day Recipes
- Butter at room temperature, for the baking dish
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups tender greens such as spinach or baby kale
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped ham
- 6 ounces (about 3 cups) rustic French bread cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Havarti cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese plus more for garnish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley for garnish (optional)
- Coat a 1 1/2-quart baking dish with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt, paprika, and pepper until combined. Fold in the greens, mushrooms, tomatoes, red onion, ham, bread, and cheddar and Havarti cheeses.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and top with the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator to rest for 1 hour or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) with a rack placed in the center of the oven. Remove the strata from the refrigerator to rest at room temperature while the oven preheats.
- Remove the plastic wrap, cover the strata with foil, and bake for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake until it is puffed and set in the center, with an internal temperature of at least 165°F (74°C), 15 to 25 minutes more. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Garnish with Parmigiano-Reggiano and the parsley, if desired. Enjoy warm.
Meat to the SideBuy On Amazon
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
My grandmother was Stella Rose! I’m taking Mother’s Day dinner to my niece & her kids since I’m not a mother. Being an aunt is the best job in the world – you get to spoil the kids & then take them home.
Happy Mother’s Day to Mama Leite.
Dottie, if your grandma was Stella Rose, does your uncle have a ripped earlobe?!!! Happy Auntie Day to you. And I’ll pass on your best wish to Mama Leite.