These Rice Krispies treats for two are the perfect solution when you need to satisfy your Rice Krispies treats craving but don’t want an entire pan sitting around to tempt you.
These Rice Krispies treats for two are the perfect solution when you need to satisfy your Rice Krispies treats craving but don’t want an entire pan sitting around to tempt you. Granted, the servings from this small batch are rather generous for just the two of you, but since when has anyone ever wanted a teensy Rice Krispies treat? As an aside, if you thought making Rice Krispies treats couldn’t get any easier, think again. This small batch recipe makes them in the microwave. You’re welcome.–Angie Zoobkoff
Rice Krispies Treats for Two Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 10 M
- 10 M
- Makes 2
- 1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce or 14 g) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (55 g) tightly packed mini marshmallows
- 2 cups (56 g) crisp rice cereal, such as Rice Krispies
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 1. Line a 9-by-5-inch (23-by-13-cm) loaf pan with wax or parchment paper.
- 2. If making the rice krispies treats for two in the microwave, place the butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on full power in 15-second increments, until the butter melts completely, 30 to 50 seconds. Add the marshmallows and microwave, again in 15-second increments, until the marshmallows melt, 25 to 50 seconds. Immediately stir the butter and marshmallows together very well. If making the rice krispies treats for two on the stovetop, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Immediately add the marshmallows and, working quickly, stir until melted and well blended. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Add the pinch of salt and the cereal all at once to the melted marshmallow and butter goo. Stir, stir, stir until the cereal is completely coated. Press the mixture evenly into the prepared pan using buttered fingertips or a spatula. If you have the patience, let the treats cool slightly.
- 4. Slice in half and devour. (Just to warn you, these are generous servings. But c’mon, since when did a little Rice Krispies treat ever satisfy your craving?!)
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!