These Rice Krispies treats for two are the perfect solution for a last-moment sweet something to show your love or when you need to satisfy your Rice Krispies treats craving but don’t want an entire pan sitting around to tempt you. Granted, the servings from this small batch are rather generous for just two…but since when has anyone ever wanted a teensy Rice Krispies treat? As an aside, if you thought making Rice Krispies treats couldn’t get any easier, think again. This small batch recipe can be made in the microwave. You’re welcome.–Angie Zoobkoff
Rice Krispies Treats for Two
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup tightly packed mini marshmallows
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal, such as Rice Krispies
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Line a 9-by-5-inch (23-by-13-cm) loaf pan with parchment paper or wax paper.
- If making the rice krispies treats for two in the microwave, place the butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on full power in 15-second increments, until the butter melts completely, 30 to 50 seconds. Add the marshmallows and microwave, again in 15-second increments, until the marshmallows melt, 25 to 50 seconds. Immediately stir the butter and marshmallows together very well. If making the rice krispies treats for two on the stovetop, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Immediately add the marshmallows and, working quickly, stir until melted and well blended. Remove from the heat.
- Add the pinch of salt and the cereal all at once to the melted marshmallow and butter goo. Stir, stir, stir until the cereal is completely coated. Press the mixture evenly into the prepared pan using buttered fingertips or a spatula. If you have the patience, let the treats cool slightly.
- Slice in half and devour. (Just to warn you, these are generous servings. But c’mon, since when did a little Rice Krispies treat ever satisfy your craving?!)
Sweet & SimpleBuy On Amazon
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Recipe Testers’ Reviews
Yippee! Rice Krispies treats for two! These came together even easier than the original and in our small household we didn’t need to wait for a crowd to come over to indulge. I used the microwave version. They took 7 minutes to make and we rested them in the fridge for another 30 minutes. Makes 2 very generous servings.
What a perfect way to make Rice Krispies treats. I don’t use my microwave to “cook” food. I never liked the results—until this recipe. It works. It’s a quick snack. It has ingredients I have in my house at all times. And it took me 8 minutes from starting to measure the ingredients until I finished patting them out on a plate sprayed with cooking spray and tastes just like the full batch original Rice Krispies treats.
As for the servings, it’s all in the way you look at them. 2 VERY generous servings? For me, it would be 4 servings. For a regular adult, I would say 3 servings. For a child, I would say 4 to 6 servings. For a teenager, just a bite!
What a fast and sweet fix for two! We’ve always loved Rice Krispies treats, but now I can have a treat for two in an instant!
I made these with the microwave version. I just buttered my fingers and pressed the mixture in. It made 2 generous servings or 3 if you want to share. I’ll keep this easy recipe around so the grandsons can quickly assemble Rice Krispies treats in the future!
This Rice Krispies treats recipe really couldn’t be any easier. And it’s the perfect size snack for 2 or 3 people without a large amount of leftovers. This makes 2 to 3 servings, depending on whether you’re cheating on your diet.
Rice Krispies treats have never been a time-consuming treat to make, but they do tend to make a big pan with lots of servings. If you need a sweet treat but don’t want a bunch of leftovers hanging around and tempting you, this recipe is just the ticket.
I was quite happy to have microwave directions to make them. I used the microwave because I’ve made Rice Krispies treats a million times on the stovetop and I wanted to see if the microwave would work. Not only were these quick to make, but the cleanup was quick—just pop the bowl and rubber spatula into the dishwasher.
These Rice Krispies treats for two turn out like the traditional Rice Krispie Treats you know and love. You can satisfy your sweet tooth in about 5 minutes with minimal mess in the kitchen!
I melted the butter in the microwave which took 45 seconds. After adding the marshmallows, I gave the mixture another 30 seconds and then stirred well with a whisk before adding the cereal and salt. It was easy enough to press the mixture into a loaf pan lined with wax paper. You can eat the Rice Krispies treats right away (although things will be a bit messy) or you can give the treats about 5 minutes to set.
The servings were HUGE. You could get away with splitting it with one person if you were hungry or you could manage to share with a third friend.