Behold, BBQ pulled pork tacos! An easy and perfect and, dare we say, consummate use for leftover pulled pork.
BBQ pulled pork tacos. Because even the most creative of us run out of new ideas for tacos some nights. Behold warm tortillas piled high with sweet pulled pork, spicy chipotle coleslaw, and tangy barbecue sauce. We bet you can’t stop at one. We know we certainly didn’t.–Angie Zoobkoff
BBQ Pulled Pork Tacos Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 25 M
- 1 H, 25 M
- Serves 8
- For the chipotle slaw
- 1/2 head red cabbage, cored and finely shredded (about 10 ounces or 280 g)
- 1/2 head green cabbage, cored and finely shredded (about 10 ounces or 280 g)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced (about 4 ounces or 113 g)
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup or 40 g)
- 1/2 bunch scallions, finely chopped (6 to 8 scallions)
- 1 cup matchstick carrots, from 2 or 3 medium carrots (about 8 ounces or 227 g)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (170 g)
- 1/2 cup chipotle salsa (116 g)
- 2 tablespoons honey (42 g)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Sriracha chile sauce (27 g)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (3 g), or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper (7 g)
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder (5 g)
- 1 lime, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
- For the tacos
- 8 to 16 tablespoons unsalted butter (4 to 8 ounces or 113 to 227 g)
- 16 6-inch (15-cm) corn tortillas
- 3 pounds pulled pork, warmed (1.4 kg)
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups store-bought or homemade barbecue sauce (237 to 356 ml)
- Make the slaw
- 1. Combine all the slaw ingredients in a large bowl. Using tongs or clean hands, thoroughly toss everything until well combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, anywhere from 1 to 6 hours. Toss gently to recombine before serving.
- Assemble the BBQ pulled pork tacos
- 2. Melt 1 to 2 tablespoons butter in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high until it foams, about 1 minute. Add the tortillas, a couple at a time, and cook until the bottoms are lightly charred, 15 to 45 seconds. Turn and top each with 3 ounces (85 g) pork and cook for 30 seconds. Fold the tacos slightly, and transfer to a large platter. Repeat with the remaining tortillas, adding butter as needed to the skillet between batches.
- 3. Top each taco with about 1/4 cup slaw and 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce. Serve immediately and don’t forget to pass additional barbecue sauce on the side.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
BBQ Pulled Pork Tacos Recipe © 2017 Matt Moore. Photo © 2017 Time Inc. Books. All rights reserved.
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!